Requesting Send Payment
Before sending a payment, you must first request the 'Send Payment' service.
You may do so by going to your Settings page, and going to ACH Settings.
From there, you'll need to upload a voided check for the account you'd like the payments to go out from and fill in all the required information.
Once you have successfully entered all the required information, select the "Request Send Payment Service" button at the bottom of the section (seen boxed in red) and our tech department will be notified of your request and you will receive a follow up email.
Note: The same-day ACH payment functionality must be requested separately and will require to pre-fund a separate funding account that will be used to disperse same-day transactions
How to Send a Payment
Once your Send Payment service has been turned on: select Emails from the left-hand menu, and then Send Payment.
On the Send Payment page, you will see that you can enter and manage Payee information all in a single location. You will have to fill out all the information below; however, you will be able to select 'Use Existing Payee' after the first payment has been made. As an existing payee is added, they are displayed on fields for easy editing.
1. To add a payee, fill in the following fields:
- Company Name (Optional)
- First Name
- Last Name
- CC (Optional)
- BCC (Optional)
- Invoices (Optional)
2. If you would like to connect your payment data to be downloaded into your Quickbooks accounting software as an IIF file, you can click on the “Include GL Account” checkbox to bring up the Quickbooks General Ledger account fields. These fields will allow you to specify the Quickbooks GL bank account, GL expense account, and a Description that will be imported into Quickbooks.
3. You can set up recurring payments. All you have to do is select “Yes” to allow them. Now you will be able to select the frequency and the number of payments that you would like to have sent out.
4. Enter a custom message to Payees in the box under List of Payees:
5. After all of the fields have been filled, select ‘Preview Payment’ to verify that all the information is correct before sending.
6. If all the information is correct, select ‘Send Payment’ and the payment will be sent automatically.
7. After submission, you will receive an on screen notification letting you know that your payment has been successfully sent.
8. You can now check your History for status updates.
If you connected your payment data to be downloaded into your QuickBooks you may download the QuickBooks file; Click the History tab and select the Quickbooks link at the bottom.
How to Send Bulk Payments
You are also able to send multiple payments at once using an upload file. Use the following tips to make sure the file is in the proper format.
- The file must be a CSV file
- First row should contain header information.
- Several contact names attached to a singular email will result in those contacts being rejected from the system.
- Data must be mapped with the correct format e.g:
- Company Name - 50 characters - Name of the business if a business account
- First Name - 50 characters - first name of account
- Last Name - 50 characters - last name of account
- Email - 50 characters - recipient email address
- Cc Email - 50 characters - Carbon copy email address
- Bcc Email - 50 characters - Blind carbon copy email address
- Phone - 50 characters - Recipient phone number
- Mobile Phone - 10 characters - Recipient cell phone number (required if sending SMS)
- Invoice - 25 characters - Invoice number
- Address1 - 50 characters - Recipient address
- Address2 - 50 characters - Recipient address 2
- City - 50 characters - Recipient city
- State - 2 characters - Recipient state
- Zip - 5 characters - Recipient Zip code
- Memo - 50 characters - Memo message to be printed on check
- Amount - 25 characters - Dollar Amount
- Message - 100 characters - Message to be displayed on the body of email request
- Deliver Type- 1 character - (E) - send request by email (P) – send request by SMS
- Recurring Payment - 1 characters - Used to identify if recurring payment, leave blank if one time transaction Weekly (W), Monthly (M), Quarterly (Q) or Annually (Y)
- Occurances - 3 characters - Used to identify number of recurring payments, leave blank if one time transaction
Once file is created you can upload the file using the "Bulk Upload" button. Once uploaded, the system will send out emails to each recipient to accept the payment.