Along with Online Forms, Mobile templates can support lookup and Map fields. These fields allow you to lookup up a payment record by entering and assigned value in the lookup field like an invoice or order number. Additionally, these fields allow you to add a tip amount, capture additional information like a phone number, date, email, or any other information you would like to collect from your customers during payment.
Before you may access a mobile template on the Mobile App, you must first create a template using the following instructions.
1. Log in to your portal
2. Select Mobile Templates. Create and Name your mobile terminal.
4. Select the Add symbol to add fields
5. Enter the label name, type, check the box if this is a required field, and select save.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add more field.
7. Once the fields have been added save your template, shown below.
8. Your template has been added, you may now select this terminal in the linked2pay mobile app.
Would a map be helpful? Enabling Maps for your mobile template makes payment acceptance even easier.
Map view, inside the app, allows you to select Pin locations instead of looking up data. Each pin displays an address with a payment amount. Select the pin by tapping on the amount and the required fields are automatically filled in with the payment information.
To enable maps:
1. Navigate to the Mobile Templates page by clicking on the Mobile Templates sidebar link.
2. Mark the Enable Map check box and save.
Note: You will be able to customize your mobile Map settings when enabled.
Once your Map has been enabled you may now add data to your mobile template.
Which view do you prefer? Select Map to default the view mode to display the payment map when opening your mobile application. By selecting the Template view mode, you will be directed to the template page when opening your mobile application.
Note: Map view mode will also allow you to automatically return to the Payment Map when a payment has been processed.
Set Zoom Level
Use this setting to control the default zoom for your Map view. The higher the number, the lower amount of visible area, but greater detail of specific roads and streets will be displayed.
When using lookup data, the Edit Amount field allows you to change the amount to be paid in real time. If this flag isn’t checked, your users won’t be able to edit the amount owed when accessing the mobile application.
Convenience fees add an additional one-time fee to each payment collected from your customers through the mobile template.
You can customize how your customer’s emailed receipts will look to include a message, barcode, clickable links, or images. You can set those settings by doing the following:
1. Mark the “Add custom content to your receipts” checkbox.
2. Once marked a text editor box will appear where you can enter your custom message; include a link, or an image.
3. To include a scanable bar code to your receipt, simply click on the “Add bar code to receipts” check box.
4. Click the Save button to apply settings to your email request. Now your custom message and bar code will display on your customer’s receipts.
Note: Every payment that comes through the mobile app will require a signature, this signature will be captured in the history for your convenience
How do I use the mobile app?
Once the app has been downloaded and successfully setup, you can accept both credit card and ACH payments.
To accept card payments you can manually enter the card number by selecting 'Enter Card' or you can purchase a swiper to swipe a card. If ACH is turned on, you can also accept ACH payments by manually entering the route/account number or taking an image of a check