In order to utilize Send Payment services you must first request the service.
Once your Send Payment service request has been verified you may select Emails from the left-hand menu, and then Send Payment.
On the Send Payment page, you will see that you can enter and manage Payee information in a convenient single location. You must fill out all the information below. After the first payment has been made, their information will be stored for you to be able to quickly send payments to that Payee in the future. To do so you will select the blue button labeled Use Existing Payee. If you choose to use an existing payee, their information will be displayed accordingly in the Send Payment Settings fields for easy editing. Detailed instructions have been listed below.
1. To add a payee, fill in the following fields:
- Company Name (Optional)
- First Name
- Last Name
- CC (Optional)
- BCC (Optional)
- Invoices (Optional)
2. If you would like to connect your payment data to be downloaded into your Quickbooks accounting software as an IIF file, you may click on the Include GL Account checkbox to bring up the Quickbooks General Ledger account fields. These fields will allow you to specify the Quickbooks GL bank account, GL expense account, and a Description that will be imported into Quickbooks. (see note located at the bottom of this article)
3. You can also set up recurring payments. All you have to do is select Yes to allow them. Now you will be able to select the frequency and the number of payments that you would like to have sent out.
4. Enter a custom message to Payees in the Message box if desired.
5. After all the fields have been filled out, select Preview Payment to verify that all the information is correct before sending.
6. If all the information is correct, select Send Payment and the payment will be sent automatically.
7. After submission, you will receive an on screen notification letting you know that your payment has been sent successfully.
8. You may now check your History for status updates.
Note: If you connected your payment data to be downloaded into your QuickBooks you may download the QuickBooks file; Click the History tab and select the QuickBooks link at the bottom.