Before sending a payment, you must first request Send Payment service.
Once your Send Payment service has been turned on: select Emails from the left-hand menu, and then Send Payment.
On the Send Payment page, you will see that you can enter and manage payee information all in a single location. You will have to fill out all the information below; however, you will be able to select Use Existing Payee after the first payment has been made. If you choose to use an existing payee, their information is displayed accordingly in the Send Payment Settings fields for easy editing.
1. To add a payee, fill in the following fields:
- Company Name (Optional)
- First Name
- Last Name
- CC (Optional)
- BCC (Optional)
- Mobile Phone
- Invoices (Optional)
2. If you would like to connect your payment data to be downloaded into your Quickbooks accounting software as an IIF file, you can click on the Include GL Account checkbox to bring up the Quickbooks General Ledger account fields. These fields will allow you to specify the Quickbooks GL bank account, GL expense account, and a Description that will be imported into Quickbooks.
3. You can set up recurring payments. All you have to do is select Yes to allow them. Now you will be able to select the frequency and the number of payments that you would like to have sent out.
4. Next you will select Yes to send your Send Payment as a SMS Message to your client.
5. Enter a custom message to Payees in the box labeled Message.
6. After all of the fields have been filled, select Preview Payment to verify that all the information is correct before sending.
7. If all the information is correct, select Send Payment and the payment will be sent automatically.
8. After submission, you will receive an on screen notification letting you know that your payment has been successfully sent.
9. Your client will receive a text message informing them of the credit they are receiving. There will be a link through which they will be able to securely input their banking information to accept a credit from you.
10. You can now check your History for status updates.
If you connected your payment data to be downloaded into your QuickBooks you may download the QuickBooks file; Click the History tab and select the Quickbooks link at the bottom.