To send an email payment request start by finding the Emails tab, located on the left-hand side of your screen. The following steps will walk you through the rest of the process:
- Select Templates from the drop-down menu and choose the template you wish to work with or click on the blue Add Template button to create your own.
- If you decide to create your own template, you can customize it by adding placeholders (variables). The variables will be filled later on when you are ready to choose the contacts you wish to send the payment request to.
- Once you have decided what template you would like to work with, select the green envelope icon that appears on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Now that you have been directed to the Request Payment page you can choose the contact(s) you wish to send the payment request email to. Using the blue buttons located near the top of the screen you have the choice of sending the email to your existing contacts, adding new contacts, or uploading contacts.
- If you need to edit the Amount variable click on the pen icon under Options.
- Enter the appropriate value for the variable and click the check mark to save your changes. If you made a mistake, click on the X to revert to your last saved changes.
Note: We always recommend to Preview Emails to verify your variables have imported correctly.
7. Click Send Emails when you are ready to send your payment request.
Note: A variable is normally something like the amount due, customer #, or other information specific to the recipient of the email payment request. In order to Send Emails, you must have entered in a value for each of the variables in your email. You can include a number of other variables that you can define in your Template(s) as well.